Sunday, July 13, 2008

And she's off....

Today was the day and without getting all Dr. Seuss I had my running shoes laced and was off on my way. Ok, that was enough. I hopped or rather stepped curiously on the treadmill and spent35 minutes, doing intervals. I probably should have waited one more day for this chest cold to end but... I didn't.

I have exercise induced asthma so it takes awhile for breathing to kick in. Once the breathing was good and the initial coughing stopped I was Ok. Though it felt like someone had attached a sack of potatoes to my ass and a watermelon to my stomach at times, I had a visual that I must look like Homer Simpson with tatas and a va-jay-jay.
That's probably not a healthy self body image. Work in progress, now I just need to remember that.


There was absolutely nothing on the TV at that time and while I used to run and read, I have my treadmill wedged between a couch and a sliding glass door and thought it was a bit early in the game to try any fancy moves.


Part of my routine will be to read a bit of this fine philosophical book by one of the running world's most well-known runner Dr. George Sheehan every night before I go to bed. Running, beside the positive effects, helps with my mental clarity and we all know I could use a bit of that right now.

The goal is to run on Wednesday's, Friday and Sunday's, for the next up and coming week.

5 comments:

kate said...

WOO HOO!!!! YAY! Another person who won't get (as) bored when I talk about running crap! Cool!

And I'll have to check out that book. It looks very interesting.

Jules said...

Yay! Good job. :)

Io said...

Kick butt Kara!

Kara said...

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the support!

You all rock :-)

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

(In my best Homer voice) Woo-hoo!

And somehow, I just can't picture you looking all female-Homer-ish ...

But YAY Kara!